Properties of the maca
Because of its high content of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fiber, among others, maca is a nutritious food is a natural energizer, tonic and stimulant product that children, youth, adults and seniors can consume.
Maca flour can be consumed by mixing it with milk, juices or desserts, which will help create a highly nutritious supplement.
• Improves sexual function in men and women
• Increase fertility in people and animals
• Reduces hormone dysfunction during menopause and andropause
• Regulates hormonal imbalances
• Has a beneficial action on the circulatory system, accelerates wound healing and reduces anemia
• Improves memory, learning and mental health
• Gives skin a younger appearance
• Good for teeth and bones
• Acts as fungistatic and bacteriostatic
• Acts as anticancer and antioxidant
• It is an alternative to anabolic steroids, helps in the formation of muscles
Origin of Maca
The maca had great importance in the pre-Inca period and was one of the first roots that the Peruvian settler consumed.
During the Inca period it not only became the food of the nobles (high society) but also served as an offering to the gods giving corn, maca and potatoes.
The maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a plant that grows on the 4000 meters of altitude in the Central Andes of Peru.
Where it has been cultivated for over 2000 years.
His first descriptions appear in the chronicles of the conquest of Peru.
Varieties have been studied, such as yellow, purple and black, which showed different properties. These differences in the biological properties seem to depend on the differences of the soil of culture, before of the morphotypes; However, it contrasts the fact that all the varieties are presented in the same soil.
The reproductive stage of the maca is to select the best hypocótilos in the fresh state, to prepare them for their state of rest or dormancy; The leaves are cut and disinfected, then placed in javas and left in a dry, cool environment and not exposed to solar radiation. In the state of rest care should be taken to attack diseases and provide it with clean water to conserve the necessary moisture. In this state, the hypocotyls should remain from two months to two and a half months.
Varieties of Maca